We have been working diligently to enhance our already extensive infection control protocols and equipment to include recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), the World Health Organization (WHO), and the Department of Health (DOH) specific to preventing the spread of COVID-19. We have invested in new equipment and technology to meet and exceed any new rulings or guidance that these agencies have issued.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable.
The following is a list of preventative measures in addition to our existing equipment and protocols:
- We have installed both IQAir and Medify Air which are state of the art and medical-grade high efficiency particulate arrestance (HEPA) air purifiers.
- A high volume evacuation/suction system will be used to effectively eliminate aerosols.
- Sneeze guard acrylic barriers have been installed to protect patients and staff members.
- Patients will be required to provide pre-appointment information.
- We will record the temperature of every patient, and they will be required to wear face coverings upon entering the office. (A face mask will be provided upon request).
- We will ask that you wash your hands with soap and water for 20 seconds. Additionally, hand sanitizers will be available throughout the office.
- The waiting room will be organized for social distancing. There will no longer be magazines, children’s toys, etc. due to the difficulty in keeping these items clean and sanitized.
- We ask that you call the office upon your arrival before entry so that we may offer you either a socially distanced spot in the reception room or immediate entry to the treatment room. We will call or text you once the office is ready for you to enter. We also ask that you make special arrangements with us should you need someone with you for your appointment e.g., elderly patient with relative/companion or child’s parent.
- Patients will be asked to rinse with a hydrogen based solution once in the treatment room.
- Treatment rooms will be carefully disinfected before and after any use and all surfaces will be wiped down throughout the day.
We are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you and every patient safe.